Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Custom work & an Interview



I was out meeting a friend at a diner in downtown Dallas the other day over a table full of vintage sequin appliques and a beautiful vintage hat. While we ooh'd and ahh'd over the pieces we chatted about many things; fashion, inspiration, favoritism, and all kinds of fun ideas for the future. The little minx then took her happy butt over to her blog and wrote up some of the things we talked about. Check out my very first interview over here!




Vivienne Vermuth and I have a history of making back alley deals and swaps. She calls me up, asks for something special, and I hook her up. It's a good relationship :) She gets to keep me on my toes at being able to put together custom work in time for an important performance. I get to see the smile on her face when she realizes it's the perfect item to make her feel perfectly put together on stage. And of course we both get the pride of seeing our talents come together to create something wonderfully artistic.




Here she is performing at a recent burlesque show in dallas, Hot Rods & Heels, wearing one of my custom creations. She uses those beautiful golden wings to create liquid gold. You get the feeling that she's stepping right off the set of an old vegas show and into the spotlight. The fascinator she's wearing is a beautiful gold fan, one that I knew needed to be matched with a matchingly bold and beautiful woman. There are numerous gold swarovski crystals along the feathers to make sure that she sparkles to the highest degree. I wasn't in attendance that evening as it was the weekend of the TX Burlesque Festival in Austin, but I have it on good word that she put on a killer show.


Keep up to date with all her shows and interests by following her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment