Monday, June 1, 2009

Etsy is fabulous, new item for sale!


So you may remember Amanda, the girl that went down to Austin with me to help out with the Texas Burlesque Festival. She really is quite the talented gal! I wanted to shoot some new photos of my items so I can put them up on Etsy. She jumped at the chance to play dress up and be my model for the day. This is her very first time modeling commercially. Granted, she is usually the first to jump in view if there is a camera within 50 yards... But she has never been given the job of being the model for a specific purpose. How did she do? See for yourself.




I personally think she did a spiffy job, she really is the cat's meow! I don't think I did so bad myself either though. I styled her wardrobe, did the job of hair stylist and makeup artist, photographer, and editor. It takes team work! We were shooting in Downtown Fort Worth, TX during the day. It was 98*F that day!!! She makes it look easy, doesn't she? You can hardly tell we were cooking on a hot May day in Texas.




I just put this item up on my etsy page on Friday night. I've already gotten some wonderful feedback! It hasn't sold yet, so if you just happen to HAVE to have this... get it fast! You can find it Here. This is a one of a kind item, I only have one more matching earring and it will be going on a totally different fascinator.




This earring centerpiece comes with history! I bought it at a living estate in Lewisville, Texas. It was previously owned by a woman named Ina W., who's family was one of the original inhabitants in Lewisville, the Walker family. She was an avid painter in both acrylics and pastels, her lovely home was covered in her original art. She left her home so that she could be closer to loved ones, and the longtime family friend I talked with had a wonderful message. She wanted to remind me and those I know that it is extremely important to check in on our elderly loved ones, that they need all of our love and attentions in their later years.

No comments:

Post a Comment