Thursday, July 23, 2009

A recap; Atomic Frolic

Whew, still recovering from all the work I did in preperation for the Atomic Frolic in Dallas. The show went very well! The ladies wowed the audience with their skill. Ricki Derek swooned us all with his wonderful voice. And suspiciously, there were many pretty heads with one of a kind, hand made Decadent Dame Designs pieces adorning them. The crowd really seemed to enjoy my stuff! I love having the pride to know that the stuff that I take so much time into making is being enjoyed to the fullest. That the girls are so happy with their purchase that they walk away wearing it... that is such a good feeling for me. Thank you to everyone who stopped by my table to chat and look around, and a huge thank you to everyone who spent their hard earned money on my designs. I appreciate it so much that my passion for design is shared with others.

In case you missed it, here's some photos!
Enjoy :)



The Lakewood, a wonderful place to be.




Ricki Derek. He's dreamy!




My booth buddy, Amanda, and me. Working hard!




Some ladies checking out my designs.




Rose Darling and Cora Coquette waiting in the wings about to go on stage. Two wonderful performers!!




Vivienne Vermuth and the headlining performer of the evening, Kitten Deville. Miss Vivienne was wearing one of my newest items (finished the evening before the event!) while she was panty wrangling for the evening.

For those who are not as familiar with burlesque, here's a lesson for ya!
Panty Wrangler = The person (often a female) that gathers up the discarded clothing and props of a performer after their done performing. A very nessecary person to have around! Can't have the panties getting lost, that would be a tragedy.

2 comments:

  1. oh that reminds me, I need to go through my grandmother jewerly and give it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose,
    Oh yeah! Thank you for reminding me. I'll snap a photo of my pink feathers in the morning for you out in the sunlight.
    -Cayla

    ReplyDelete